As my erotic blog goodgirlturnedslut.blogspot.com kept filling up with my soul business, I decided I might as well make an honest woman of myself and start up this sister blog. You may justifiably ask why it is that I choose to have my soul's business out on the internet. Well, I'm a a ponderer, a thinker, I seek to understand, often too hard. Focusing my mind to wrap this swirl of thoughts into words that might be comprehensible to another human being is incredibly helpful to me. Yes, of course, I could just write a private journal, but actually it's not the same. Knowing that another person, a person I don't even know, may read my words gives it a whole different impetus. I also believe that as human beings we have a deep need to be seen, witnessed, seen for all of who we are. Just the one girl, just the one person. What is more, I love words, I love language, I love taking complex thoughts and feelings and searching for just the right words until I know you can feel what I'm feeling - you can be right there with me and I no longer alone.



Sunday 6 June 2010

Day 36 - a great day :-)

Today the fertility nurse smiled at me.
"I like it when you smile," I said.
Eight beautifully maturing eggs on my left ovary; the right one was hiding as usual. Did you know they move around? You'd have thought your organs would stay put where they belong. Well, not that one!

I'm feeling so happy today. Lack of response or hyperstimulation had been such spectres on my IVF wall that maybe, hopefully having bypassed both would leave me thrilled. It's hard not to get overexcited and drift off into the kind of baby fantasies that I haven't been allowing myself. Thinking of names, wondering what a child of ours may look like. Can't stop smiling and cradling my bloated aching belly. You go girls, keep going!

1 comment: